Impressions, daydreams and ramblings on art, food, life and other obsessions.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Recent Food Prints


Somehow I managed to make a new body of work this year while being a committed stay-at-home mom who has a hard time focusing on herself when there is a beautiful active toddler who is constantly on her mind. It was quite a struggle to get myself to be instantly creative in my studio only one day a week while being severely sleep-deprived. I believe this was the most challenging thing I've experienced yet in my adult life! I am embarrassed to say that but it is indeed true. I am a person with a huge heart and I always want to share it with my family. I had to turn away from my husband and daughter one day during each weekend and work in my studio. It should be a fun break though right? I must seem crazy. Well, it took some getting used to for me. I also made a lot of work while my family slept which means I have been surviving on little sleep and enjoying my coffee. I am glad I challenged myself as I prepared for my first show in 6 years! It's about time. Matt and I made a house and a baby together since I moved here - we've been more than busy - now there will be more hours in the studio at long last.


No comments:

Post a Comment