Impressions, daydreams and ramblings on art, food, life and other obsessions.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer Delights

I have my tail between my legs because I haven't kept up with my blog this summer. I've been cooking some beautiful summer dishes and harvesting gorgeous vegetables and I haven't even photographed all of them. Lucy is my main focus now, but I am trying to gain back some of my good habits regarding documenting my food. In order to play catch-up I am posting a few miscellaneous photos now.

Yesterday I made a delicious green bean and tomato salad from my loot after my five minute raid of the garden.


The quintessential summer dinner is displayed below - it made me so happy - this was about a month ago...100% from our garden and our laying hens except for the olives, wine and bread (but bread was made at a local bakery).


Today I made french bread for the first time ever. The house smells delightful on a sunny Fall day. I think it turned out well but Matt and I have yet to taste it. It tempts us easily as it cools on the counter. I am preparing a beef sirloin tip roast tonight to do the bread some honors with a pile a colorful roasted vegetables and a fresh green salad on the side.

More peas await picking and shucking but this bowl of little jewels is already in our bellies!

No comments:

Post a Comment